Have you bothered to ask this question before purchasing your dedicated server? If not, you may be losing a lot of money in server management actions that would otherwise take just a few clicks. In the discussion below, let’s try to understand server control panels so that you can save money and manage hundreds of server management functions easily.
A control panel has great importance when it comes to the management of dedicated servers. Though it has gained popularity in the last few years, many businesses still feel that control panels are of no use and getting a control panel is only a waste of money. This is a myth, and to debunk this myth we need to understand better the working, uses, and types of control panels.
The better we understand about control panels, the easier it is to understand why it is so important. So, let’s take a look:
What is a Dedicated Server Control Panel?
The control panel, as the name suggest allows various controlling options on a dedicated server. It is software installed on a dedicated server, with help of which, management and administration of the dedicated server, becomes easier.
You don’t have to be an expert with web servers to do various management tasks on your server with help of the control panel. Through a control panel, you can easily do many complicated tasks such as, create websites, create and manage emails, set up spam filters, creating and manage domains, set up accounts for staff and customers, and many other web-based applications.
Types of Dedicated Server Control Panels
The basic functions of the control panel are all the same but based on some custom features and abilities, three types of dedicated servers and VPS control panels are more commonly used, they are cPanel &WHM, Plesk panel, and DirectAdmin.
Let’s take a brief look at all three types of control panels so that you can understand better which type suits your business needs the best.
- cPanel &WHM: cPanel &WHM(Web Host Manager), is available for Linux operating systems, and is one of the most frequently chosen control panels. Due to its user-friendly interface and the wide range of features it provides, many businesses prefer cPanel over any other type of control panel. Like other control panels, cPanel offers various easy functions to carry out web-based applications on your dedicated server. But its functions for managing multiple staff accounts, customer accounts, and reselling web hosting, are exceptionally easier than others in the market.
Once you purchase cPanel, you can install an unlimited number of domains on the control panel. On average a user may require a few hours or even days to become familiar with all the functions of the cPanel (because there are many), but once you get familiar with using this control panel will be your first choice every time.
- Plesk Panel:Next on the list is the Plesk panel. Plesk is available for both Linux and Windows operating systems and is known for its flexibility, affordability, and intuitive user-friendly interface. It is arguably as popular among Linux users as the cPanel, but due to its availability on windows operating systems, Plesk is the favorite choice of most windows users as well. It also allows users to use multiple operating systems, without having to be familiar with multiple control panels. Just get a Plesk dedicated server and you can use multiple operating systems and still enjoy the familiar interface of the Plesk panel.
Plesk simply has hundreds of features and an intuitive interface making it easy to use for people with very little knowledge about computers. Some of the most enjoyed features of Plesk are appearance and branding, monitoring and statistics, database management, third party components, integrated site building, and fully automated billing. With Plesk, extending current services or introducing new services can be done in a matter of few clicks.
- DirectAdmin: DirectAdmin is a graphical web-based control panel available for Linux operating systems. Being quite similar to cPanel, DirectAdmin offers you flexibility, affordability, and the ability to use an unlimited number of domains under the purchase of a lifetime license.
It has all the features that you need for managing and administering various web-based applications on your dedicated server. Let’s list a few benefits of DirectAdmin,
- DirectAdmin allows you to easily create and manage hundreds of websites.
- DirectAdmin has one of the easiest interfaces and has lightweight options.
- A lifetime license allows you to handle unlimited domains through DirectAdmin with just a one-time payment.
Which One Suits Best?
Well, all the above-mentioned control panels have their benefits:
- cPanel provides easier handling and affordable development and makes it the best choice in hosting several client websites.
- DirectAdmin, on the other hand, offers more root level handling powers, and therefore, it is more frequently chosen by users with deeper knowledge about the systems and servers.
- Plesk offers a highly intuitive and user-friendly interface that works perfectly well with both Linux and Windows operating systems.
So on a general comparison, these are the major differences between the three control panels and you can choose one according to your requirements.
Need Further Assistance?
Well, it can be understood that there can still be some questions in your mind about control panels and you want to talk to professionals for in-depth expert advice based on your business needs. Well, for this, contact us at AtrixHost.
We are one of the leaders in dedicated servers and other server related services. Our experts will listen to all your requirements and then suggest the best suitable server and control panel option for you. Also, check out our instantly deployable pre-configured servers. They are pre-configured to suit most businesses, can be deployed in a matter of minutes, and the prices are unbelievably affordable.
So, instead of asking every company, “what control panel do you provide with dedicated servers”, and getting confusing replies, just contact usand get expert advice and quality services for all your server-related requirements.